MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make default theme responsive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2017-04-16, 01:36 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-15, 06:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-14, 07:38 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice to have responsive default for 1.8. Simply because 2.0 is not coming anytime soon.

It would make more sense to focus on developing 2.0 then.

Sites on MyBB 1.8 should have this too. There are many sites with like 100s of custom plugins and many sites when 1.8 stops receiving security updates will maintain their own code base rather than updating to 2.0 because it's more work to upgrade all plugins than to maintain their own code base with their own core edits. Even though the MyBB Group won't support them at that point the smart administrators with successful communities won't care :/

That's not the team's concern, nor should it be. A smart administrator will keep their forum up to date. It would be silly to start making 1.8 responsive at this point.
I agree with @Nathan. It is something what can be done by any administrator on his own. We should focus on adding small improvements and bug fixes for MyBB 1.8 branch. Everything else can be solved with plugins and css knowledge.

I rewrote default MyBB 1.8 theme into responsive one for one of my customer. You can do that or you can use any free responsive theme and adjust it to your needs.
(2017-04-13, 01:45 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be great if you guys could tweak the CSS and HTML of the default theme so it's fully responsive. It'd help theme designers and the MyBB CSS is way easier to understand https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=801 it works but restyling is very difficult so adjustments to the default theme would be great Big Grin

lets see
Wanna see?
Select "MyBB 1.9 Concept" theme through theme selector at bottom right and see...
Hi i want start two forums on myBB system, i want ask if is possible view as the new version will look like, I would not like to go to mybb now and then change the look in a year, I would not like it.

Is it possible to see how the upcoming version will look like?
Will the function as a reputation stay, or will it be improved?

Thanks
(2018-07-12, 07:04 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i want start two forums on myBB system, i want ask if is possible view as the new version will look like, I would not like to go to mybb now and then change the look in a year, I would not like it.

Thanks

Justin has been working on crating the new theme for MyBB 1.9 here: https://web.archive.org/web/201806271944...ybb-theme/
(2018-07-12, 06:29 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-12, 07:04 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i want start two forums on myBB system, i want ask if is possible view as the new version will look like, I would not like to go to mybb now and then change the look in a year, I would not like it.

Thanks

Justin has been working on crating the new theme for MyBB 1.9 here: https://web.archive.org/web/201806271944...ybb-theme/

I see that Justin is a Ohio State Buckeye! Same as me. I like his reference to that 'State Up North'... it's funny.

BTW...

The URL you posted was incorrect.

This URL is the corrected URL.
The new default theme is looking very good.
Clean, efficient and modern looking.
Thanks so much for that. I cannot wait more for 1.9.

I cannot imagine how famous theme's designers will make with this new standard, like WallBB, iAndrew or SimLay.

LOOKING GOOOOOOODY.

Keep the great job people, and i promisse, if i ever make some money with my Forum, i will donate some for MyBB Project.

BTW, Google Ads sucks. I'm making about 1 U$ per day with my website. That's sucks.
(2018-07-12, 08:02 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-12, 06:29 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

I see that Justin is a Ohio State Buckeye! Same as me. I like his reference to that 'State Up North'... it's funny.

BTW...

The URL you posted was incorrect.

This URL is the corrected URL.

Ah, yes that'll teach me for copying it from the blog Toungue
thanks, its look very clean, but i dont see

how many posts and reputation
new smilies, maybe emojione will be good ?
rating system with who give thanks or like under profile will be good
Pages: 1 2 3