MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random ban message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had myBB 1.8.1 for some time now, but as of this week I started seeing the message:

"I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions."

After refreshing a couple of times it usually goes away but after browsing around for a bit it keeps popping up and going away...

I upgraded to myBB 1.8.1.1 but it still seems to be persisting
have you checked ban logs at forum admin panel ?
does your forum get many spammers & are they purged using purge spammer button ?

someone said that similar issue was faced with GoDaddy web hosting (not confirmed)
I have my own dedicated with Apache installed for the web-server, and I check the admin logs and saw one of my mods did use the purge spammer about a week ago on a spammer, but I do get a fair bit amount of spammers but most are usually blocked at registration.
have you checked banned IP logs ?
forum admin panel >> Configuration >> Banning >> Banned IPs
This seems to have been part of the problem, I use CloudFlare for my forum, and it seems that 2 of it's IPs have been ip-banned, so after unbanning those IPs the "you have been banned" messages have stopped

I figured it out by looking at the last access time that showed up on the banned IPs and tried to just unban them