MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's online, changing DST settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have since the beginning using mybb, users showing in the wo's online section editing their DST settings all the time,

As those users are registered longer then 3 weeks for now it's kind of impossible that they just keep going and changing their DST settings.

This must be some kind of bug which doesn't correctly keeps track of the current page some users are viewing.
have you checked if they are real users or bots (by checking email ID, IPs, posts ..)
Yeps they are real registered users. never having the issue with guests.

Here is a screenshot from which I encounter:

The user Steven is again changing his DST settings while I know he actually is not  Confused
I suppose there is a possibility that the user is on that page, assuming there was an error and he wasn't you would likely see other users doing the same. The reason you don't have the issue with guests is because they do not have access to the UserCP where they would be able to adjust Time and Date settings.
Unfortunately this doesn't leed me to a solution
Wanted to let you guys know the solution on my issue for eventual other people stumbling into this topic and for further improvement, bugfix and development for future mybb updates.

Fixed the issue by putting all users with a update query in phpmyadmin on DST 1 and DST correction 1

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `dst` = '1' WHERE `dst` <> '1' 

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `dstcorrection` = '1' WHERE `dstcorrection` <> '1' 

once performed that actions the who's online section is showing for each online user the correct path of what he/ she's viewing.