MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with Admin Control Panel after changing domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had protected hosting for my website, but I asked to change domain names.

So before it was xxxx, now it's http://x

But I have issues with ACP etc., I can login and can access dashboard, but when I click on configuration or any of the other tabs, it redirects to ACP login panel...

I have done the following, but still get redirected to ACP login whenever I click anything in the ACP:

$settings['bburl'] = "http://yourdomain.com/mybb"; 
and
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".yourdomain.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/mybb/";
Use a database editor (or use SQL Console if you're brave!) and make the changes to the settings. Afterwards delete settings.php (it'll be generated from the database and php). Let us know if you have further questions Smile
(2017-04-17, 11:27 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Use a database editor (or use SQL Console if you're brave!) and make the changes to the settings. Afterwards delete settings.php (it'll be generated from the database and php). Let us know if you have further questions Smile

How does this work?
I do this via cPanel?

I've already changed he settings.php file dude
(2017-04-17, 11:37 PM)Gaytard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-17, 11:27 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Use a database editor (or use SQL Console if you're brave!) and make the changes to the settings. Afterwards delete settings.php (it'll be generated from the database and php). Let us know if you have further questions Smile

How does this work?
I do this via cPanel?

Steps by step:

1) Open the database editor
2) Login
3) Adjust options in the MyBB Options table
4) Do as I said and delete the file
5) Post back if you are still having issues
(2017-04-17, 11:43 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-17, 11:37 PM)Gaytard Wrote: [ -> ]

How does this work?
I do this via cPanel?

Steps by step:

1) Open the database editor
2) Login
3) Adjust options in the MyBB Options table
4) Do as I said and delete the file
5) Post back if you are still having issues
I edited the board name and URL etc. im phpMyAdmin: mybb_settings was the name of the file in DB.
Then I deleted settings.php but still doesn't work.
looks like forum login is working fine & members are able to post without any problem.
does inline moderation work ? have you tried admin panel login with another web browser ?
(2017-04-18, 07:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like forum login is working fine & members are able to post without any problem.
does inline moderation work ? have you tried admin panel login with another web browser ?

No, login and registration also don't work.
When you login, you just get redirected to same page again without being actually logged in.
For register I made a new register account, but was not logged in when registered or anything.

I can login in ACP, but when I click on configuration tab or anything, I always get redirected back to the login page.
in the settings.php file change value of $settings['cookiesecureflag'] to 0 (zero)
clear browser cookies by using link on this page; close browser, reopen it & log into forum admin panel

if navigation at admin panel works fine then
change Secure Cookie Flag setting to No at Site Details page of Configuration section

if above doesn't help then
you have to contact web host & ask if mod_security / Suhosin is enabled for your domain.
if so that should be disabled (or configured correctly) for smooth running of your forum

see also mod_security guidance
(2017-04-18, 09:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in the settings.php file change value of $settings['cookiesecureflag'] to 0 (zero)
clear browser cookies by using link on this page; close browser, reopen it & log into forum admin panel

if navigation at admin panel works fine then
change Secure Cookie Flag setting to No at Site Details page of Configuration section

if above doesn't help then
you have to contact web host & ask if mod_security / Suhosin is enabled for your domain.
if so that should be disabled (or configured correctly) for smooth running of your forum

see also mod_security guidance

The $settings['cookiesecureflag'] to 0 (zero) helped after hours of searching.
Thank you so much.
^ if you switch on ssl (https protocol) then $settings['cookiesecureflag'] setting needs to be set to 1 in settings.php file
and Secure Cookie Flag should be set to yes at the forum admin panel settings (Site Details page of Configuration section)