MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Technical support question about themes, please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a situation I've never faced before. It's pretty strange.
(The site is myBB 1.2.7, and going to be upgraded soon)
  • A web host announced some planned downtime in advance, moving accounts to a new server.
  • After the changes, everything is working except the (body) background is wrong only on the index page.

All other 'script.php' pages show the original background color, but index.php shows an 'ugly pale greenish color.'
The (body) background settings on the theme admin are still the same, so I'm clueless why only index.php is messed up? Any ideas how to fix it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unrelated: Instead of starting a new thread.

I have some experience with phpMyAdmin;
Is it easy and practical to import category names from another of my forums... (oops, sorry, it's not that easy)
  • How could I export categories from two of my test forums, into one forum.
  • I'm certain the FID's would be a huge mess. Am I correct?
  • Is it better to just use adminCP and 're-do' the task of creating sub-forums?

Thank you again for helping.
Theme problem: May we have your forum link?
Category thing: I recommend redoing it with ACP.
If you want to move the threads and posts in those categories you mentioned in your second problem, I suggest you use the MyBB Merge system to merge your two forums together. Otherwise if you just want the category names, I think it's easier if you just add them manually (unless you have more than 100 Toungue)
webaph Wrote:Theme problem: May we have your forum link?
Category thing: I recommend redoing it with ACP.
It's just a test forum, and I've decided to build new forums with 1.2.9.
If the same thing happens with an important project, I'll remember to be sure to get help.
Thanks, for asking.

DennisTT Wrote:If you want to move the threads and posts in those categories you mentioned in your second problem, I suggest you use the MyBB Merge system to merge your two forums together. Otherwise if you just want the category names, I think it's easier if you just add them manually (unless you have more than 100 Toungue)
Great, I'm going to experiment with merge before having an established forum. Thank you.