MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove profile fields....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay...so I am somewhat of a novice, but I am trying to figure out how to get rid of some of the registration fields...specifically, the "Additional Contact" fields. Huh
recent versions of MyBB do not have additional contact fields in the registration form.
perhaps they were selected through custom profile fields of Configuration section

[Profile Fields guidance (MyBB 1.6.x)]
(2017-04-19, 02:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]recent versions of MyBB do not have additional contact fields in the registration form.
perhaps they were selected through custom profile fields of Configuration section

[Profile Fields guidance (MyBB 1.6.x)]

Well, that would explain it...just installed yesterday as a "one-click-install" at HostGator.  It is version 1.6.12... I'm afraid doing a complete "from-scratch" install might be over my head...
latest available version of MyBB is 1.8.11
MyBB 1.6 series is no longer supported AND 1.8 series has many improvements

please see MyBB installation guidance
(2017-04-19, 02:59 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]latest available version of MyBB is 1.8.11
MyBB 1.6 series is no longer supported AND 1.8 series has many improvements

please see MyBB installation guidance

I'm already in the middle of reading/reviewing it and trying to decide if it's something I want to attempt...

Thanks so much for the quick response!!!
and as far as i hear fixes several bugs and code improvements.

All posible known sql injections but you have to take in mind plugins are a risk if code writen is maybe a backdoor for it.

So maybe you can be hacked by that version if someone knows a vulnerabyllity and try to experiment in your forums, but this is allways a risk even in latest update if there is a code improvement in core filew by you or you have a plugin unreviewed by team the risk increases. So for that reasons the best choice is upgrade to at least some supported version by team.