MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are MyBB 1.6 server requirements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 7 and I encountered a lot of cookie problems with the forum. Can't stay logged in as a member and can't navigate the ACP once I log in as it prompts me to log in again. Over, and over again. 

I want to use MyBB 1.6 just for a personal site and I'd like to know if the requirements for running MyBB 1.6 is different from MyBB 1.8 and what changes on my Ubuntu server I should make to efficiently run MyBB 1.6. 

Thank you
MyBB 1.6.x requirements are not much different from the requirements of MyBB 1.8.x

what is your forum url ?

looks like your web server has some type of cache (eg. Varnish) & that is affecting cookie settings
or it could be due to mod_security (#) or suhosin - your web host should be able to check & fix it

However, please note that MyBB 1.6 series is no longer supported.
MyBB 1.8 series has many improvements & it would be better to upgrade to latest version of MyBB
(2017-04-20, 02:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.6.x requirements are not much different from the requirements of MyBB 1.8.x

what is your forum url ?

looks like your web server has some type of cache (eg. Varnish) & that is affecting cookie settings
or it could be due to mod_security (#) or suhosin - your web host should be able to check & fix it

However, please note that MyBB 1.6 series is no longer supported.
MyBB 1.8 series has many improvements & it would be better to upgrade to latest version of MyBB

I'm not running MyBB 1.6 on my website right now, but in the past I've tried to use MyBB 1.6 and everytime I logged into the admin control panel it is successful, but when I try to navigate within the ACP I'm returned back the the login screen. I was just wondering if MyBB 1.6 functioned differently with PHP 7 or PHP 5 as well
(2017-04-25, 10:32 PM)Bull™ Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not running MyBB 1.6 on my website right now, but in the past I've tried to use MyBB 1.6 and everytime I logged into the admin control panel it is successful, but when I try to navigate within the ACP I'm returned back the the login screen. I was just wondering if MyBB 1.6 functioned differently with PHP 7 or PHP 5 as well

That's a textbook Cookie issue
(2017-04-25, 10:38 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-25, 10:32 PM)Bull™ Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not running MyBB 1.6 on my website right now, but in the past I've tried to use MyBB 1.6 and everytime I logged into the admin control panel it is successful, but when I try to navigate within the ACP I'm returned back the the login screen. I was just wondering if MyBB 1.6 functioned differently with PHP 7 or PHP 5 as well

That's a textbook Cookie issue

What needs to be done to fix it? When I install 1.8 I have no cookie issues but with 1.6 I do.
see faq: login & cookie settings guidance

please note that MyBB 1.6.x is no longer supported.