MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do you install a plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've located those two folders, the 'admin' and 'inc' folders

You say I should simply upload these to my root folder on the server side.

However, the instructions of the plugin say something more specific, here it is:

To Install:
Upload ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to ./inc/plugins/
Upload ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php to ./admin/modules/config/
Upload ./inc/languages/english/admin/config_pluginuploader.lang.php to ./inc/languages/english/admin/
Upload ./admin/jscripts/pluginuploader.js to ./admin/jscripts/
Create folder 'temp' in ./inc/plugins/ and CHMOD to 777.
Upload ./inc/plugins/temp/test.php to ./inc/plugins/temp/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Install and Activate
Go to ACP > Configuration > Plugins > Upload Plugin

Thanks again!
(2019-04-06, 01:09 PM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]I've located those two folders, the 'admin' and 'inc' folders

You say I should simply upload these to my root folder on the server side.

However, the instructions of the plugin say something more specific, here it is:

To Install:
Upload ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to ./inc/plugins/
Upload ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php to ./admin/modules/config/
Upload ./inc/languages/english/admin/config_pluginuploader.lang.php to ./inc/languages/english/admin/
Upload ./admin/jscripts/pluginuploader.js to ./admin/jscripts/
Create folder 'temp' in ./inc/plugins/ and CHMOD to 777.
Upload ./inc/plugins/temp/test.php to ./inc/plugins/temp/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Install and Activate
Go to ACP > Configuration > Plugins > Upload Plugin

Thanks again!

Hay, i am sorry for the late response.
Their instructions are basically the same but are more detailed..
About the folder 'temp' that they're asking to create, it's already exist inside the rar if you would put the 'inc' and the 'admin' folder inside the board root you wont have to create the folder manually but you might want to check that CHMOD of that 'temp' folder is set to 777.

It should be enough to get that plugin to work.
Great, thanks. Hit a snag. Managed to upload the ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to its place (./inc/plugins) but then I noticed that there is still an old version of the plugin uploader (1.1.2). And I can't uninstall that one as MyBB asks a password, which I have no clue what that was (it's years ago since I installed that older version and I don't even remember anything about needing a password). There doesn't seem to be any way to reset that password either...
(2019-04-10, 10:24 PM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]Great, thanks. Hit a snag. Managed to upload the ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to its place (./inc/plugins) but then I noticed that there is still an old version of the plugin uploader (1.1.2). And I can't uninstall that one as MyBB asks a password, which I have no clue what that was (it's years ago since I installed that older version and I don't even remember anything about needing a password). There doesn't seem to be any way to reset that password either...

Sounds weird.
Are you beeing asked to insert a password to remove a plugin from the plugin tab on the ACP?
@HvK try using this database query method to change that password

[SQL queries guidance]
Simply gave up for a while as there are multiple problems and that's getting on top of me, sorry. 

1) I deactivated the existing plugin, but now I get the following in Admin mode on the plugin page:

["MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE name = 'rineditor'' at line 1Query:SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE name = 'rineditor'
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support."]

2) I also had the authorization mismatch code problem and implemented the solution suggested here but that still seems to play up. When I log-in, the dialog box appears at odd places like right at the bottom of the page, stuff like that.

3) There is something funny going on with the editor, some kind of delay. I write stuff, and when I post it it either says that it's an empty post, or it gives half of the post as if it only saves every five minutes or so. 

Believe it or not but I have the latest version 1.8.2 but this is really freaking me out and I have no clue how to address these issues. It's very depressing.
Pages: 1 2