MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble logging in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are a tennis discussion website and it appears there's a corruption in the forum section.  When a user tries to login to the forum it's not allowing them to.  If they have their credentials cached into a webpage that will open the forum page, but when the click any thread link it opens that thread as a different registered user.  It happens no matter what browser you choose.
Here's the link to the problematic page http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/index.php
We are using mybb 1.6.10 (I know we are behind, but I don't have anyone to support the site right now)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
who is your web host ? your web server has some type of strong cache & it is affecting cookies.
you have to contact your web host to get it fixed.
(2017-04-21, 02:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]who is your web host ? your web server has some type of strong cache & it is affecting cookies.
you have to contact your web host to get it fixed.

We are using BlueHost and I contacted them already.  They told me it was a problem with the code on the site and I should get a developer to look at it.
have you recently changed web host ?
if not, web host has changed server configuration & that has affected your forum.

please note that MyBB 1.6 series is no longer supported.
Anyway, you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel & your forum admin panel to check it
if required, you can provide your own login credentials & change them later
we changed web host in may 2016. I will pm you the details.

Thanks