MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP ! I somehow changed my USER type from ADMIN to SUPER MODERATOR.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELP !

I somehow changed my USER type from ADMIN to SUPER MODERATOR.

I was only trying to add SUPER MODERATOR to the other types of USER that I am.

I held down the control key and highlighted the ones that I thought would cover the spectrum for testing purposes:
administrator, moderator, registered user, and I just edited my profile and included super moderator to the list (so they were all highlighted in the list when I did this).

But, now, I just logged back in and there is NO AdminCP option - and my account type says SUPER MODERATOR - but it used to default to ADMIN.

I am (or was) the ONLY admin in our MYBB.

Do I have to completely re-install MyBB on our server and start all over again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Del K.

ISSUE SOLVED.

Thanks to a fellow user for the good advice.

The PRIMARY USER GROUP had accidentally been changed to SUPER MODERATOR - and I was able to go directly to the AdminCP by keying in its internet address - and then changed the PRIMARY USER GROUP on my account back to ADMINISTRATOR.

Del K.
you can use below SQL query at your database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = 4 WHERE `uid` = '1';

see also common sql queries guidance
(2017-04-22, 07:20 AM)Del-K Wrote: [ -> ]HELP !

I somehow changed my USER type from ADMIN to SUPER MODERATOR.

I was only trying to add SUPER MODERATOR to the other types of USER that I am.

I held down the control key and highlighted the ones that I thought would cover the spectrum for testing purposes:
administrator, moderator, registered user, and I just edited my profile and included super moderator to the list (so they were all highlighted in the list when I did this).

But, now, I just logged back in and there is NO AdminCP option - and my account type says SUPER MODERATOR - but it used to default to ADMIN.

I am (or was) the ONLY admin in our MYBB.

Do I have to completely re-install MyBB on our server and start all over again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Del K.

ISSUE SOLVED.

Thanks to a fellow user for the good advice.

The PRIMARY USER GROUP had accidentally been changed to SUPER MODERATOR - and I was able to go directly to the AdminCP by keying in its internet address - and then changed the PRIMARY USER GROUP on my account back to ADMINISTRATOR.

Del K.

Hi m,

I know this is surely very good information, and I thank you for it.

Unfortunately, I am completely new to website design, so don't even know enough to make good use of it.

I thank you though - and maybe someday I will get there.   Shy
^ after posting my reply I've seen that the issue was already resolved.

we say that Rome was not built in a day.
Everyone can learn required things eventually provided that one can devote some time with interest.

Cheers Smile