MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need to recover my forum or what is left of it..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I installed a few plugins that have killed my forum, gave me errors and costing me downtime. Is there a way to restore the default mybb tables or do I have to continue like this?
What pugins did you add and what errors are you getting
Well, if you have all your plugins disabled and a stock set of MyBB 1.2.9 files uploaded as well as the stock theme set as the forum default, as well as the default for every user. You should be pretty much back to a clean install with the added benefit of having all your posts.

The only reason this wouldn't be the case is if a mod made some database schema changes.
Many errors for missing plugin tables, my themes error out, posting and threads (I know how to recover it, but the plugins mess it up and won't allow me to disable them.
post what errors you are getting here may help and what pugins have you add to your fourm
Can you give us a list of plugins that wouldn't let you disable them, as well as any errors which are appearing on your themes?
Sure
This is my admin cp error
"Snaperz Control Panel

MySQL error: 1146
Table 'nio4598_mybb.mybb_downloads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM mybb_downloads WHERE validated!='yes'"

Caused by my wonderful download plugin

"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_thread_counters() in /home/nio4598/public_html/v12/inc/datahandlers/post.php on line 780
"
Is my new post and thread error

"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iif() in /home/nio4598/public_html/v12/global.php(336) : eval()'d code on line 1
"
Is trying to replace the inc/functions error

There is plenty more but I'm trying to debug this thing with my bear hands, I will keep you updated.

Thanks for your help in advance
Snappo Wrote:"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iif() in /home/nio4598/public_html/v12/global.php(336) : eval()'d code on line 1
"
I'm pretty sure that that's due to the vB Conditional plugin and the error is either caused by an modified template (which shouldn't happen with the default theme), or a modified functions.php (which shouldn't happen with stock MyBB files).
MrDoom Wrote:
Snappo Wrote:"
"
I'm pretty sure that that's due to the vB Conditional plugin and the error is either caused by an modified template (which shouldn't happen with the default theme), or a modified functions.php (which shouldn't happen with stock MyBB files).

I was smart and deleted the default xml file for the mybb default theme. Someone tried to send me a new version but when I went to upload I got an error saying it is not a mybb theme.
Hmm, yeah that was me.

It imports fine for me:
ACP -> Themes -> Import. If you're running 1.2.8 and not 1.2.9, change "Ignore Version Compatibility" to "Yes".

In fact, I think you could make a new theme to get a stock MyBB one.
ACP -> Themes -> Add. Set the "Parent Theme" to "MyBB Master Style".
Pages: 1 2 3