MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Several settings do not update correctly on my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm an admin of http://anti-civ.org/ which runs MyBB 1.8.10. If I go to the admin panel and update the maximum password length to e.g. 32 (or 16, or 0, it doesn't seem to matter) and hit "Save Settings", I get " The settings have been updated successfully." But then, if I go back into the configuration, it's not updated at all. It's also not updated in practice for forum users.

I recall that there were other settings with issues, although I do not recall which at the moment. This specific one has been the most vexing.

How can I find out what's wrong with the forum? Please note that I do not run the website, I am only an admin of the actual MyBB install.
do you have access to files ? if so, delete ~/inc/settings.php file & then change a setting at forum admin panel.
settings.php file regenerates from database. open it & check if its content reflects changed setting correctly

Edit: do you know if your forum is using any cache system ?
I don't have access, but I can have someone do that for me. But will that delete all (or, for that matter, any of) the settings? If so, that would be very bad.

By "forum," do you mean the MyBB install? If so, how can I check?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Edit:
If MyBB has access to files, I might have access to files as the MyBB administrator.
actually all settings are stored in the database. deleting settings.php file does not do any harm
the file will be regenerated by MyBB system & file's contents can be checked.
Tried deleting the file now, but the problem persists.
if you do not have access to the files & the database then ask your forum owner to post here to seek support.
(2017-04-26, 06:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you do not have access to the files & the database then ask your forum owner to post here to seek support.

I now host the site myself. What can I do to make these settings update correctly?