MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Installation Wizard out of the blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://thehorrorboard.com

I setup a message board at the above address a couple of months ago, after a month I decided I wanted to move mybb to http://thehorrorboard.com/forum OK manually I moved it and it was working great, now today when I or anyone goes to thehorrorboard.com they get an MyBB Installation Wizard!

Whats up, and this seems very insecure whatever it is, have I been hacked?

ta

OK sorry about the premature post above, I was in a rush, I was just worried that if someone done the above they could create an administrator and lock me out, what I assume happened is mybb went from version 1.8.10 -> 1.8.11 (in the background) and it overwrote all my root directory file.

Is there a way to turn off, automatic updates for myBB, i.e. only update the software when I want to update it, cheers zed
also why did it update in the root directory? myBB->configuration->sitedetails->board url is set to thehorrorboard.com/forum is there somewhere else I should of changed as well?
looks like the issue is already fixed. can you tell us what was the cause ..
may be install folder existed and there was a glitch with your main site ..
(2017-04-24, 02:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like the issue is already fixed. can you tell us what was the cause ..
may be install folder existed and there was a glitch with your main site ..

Oh so I should of moved the install folder a month ago from thb.com/install -> thb.com/forum/install

when I moved the mybb base from thb.com -> thb.com/forum

what other directories need to be moved as well?
uploads,inc,cache,jscripts,images,archive,admin (all these I did move I forgot the install directory)

I'm just surprised mybb->config->sitedetails->boardurl changing from thb.com->thb.com/forum wasnt enuf
install folder can be deleted.

And MyBB doesn't use automatic updates.
if you have installed MyBB through a one-click installer then that might be having auto update feature.
OK thanks mate,
no auto update, hmmm. After I see it had gone from 1.8.10->1.8.11 then seeing that and going WTH, I logged on as admin, that was the first time I had actually logged on as admin for a couple of weeks, so somehow it had upgraded from 1.8.10->1.8.11, with only normal users logged on (as Im the only admin, & like I say I seldom log in as admin)
OK thanks for your help again
do you remember how you installed MyBB forum ? was it through a application in web host control panel ?
if so, that application should be having automatic updating set on.
Yes I done it through Cpanel, I see they updated from 1.8.10 -> 1.8.11 on 23 april
So that must of been it
^ if required, you should be able to disable that automatic update feature through the application settings.
OK mate yes I've done it there, Sorry my mistake I was under the impression that myBB was self contained, and any updates I want to make would of been done via the mybb admin page, but it looks like the cpanel thing overrides it.
Well Cheers again