MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get fullscreen window on "getmore" smilies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to open the "getmore" smilies popup window into a full screen page?
Kind of like tabbed windows where you can switch between the post editor and the add another smilie page.

My users are mostly on mobile devices and when they click get more, their keyboard pops up as well making the window even smaller.
As well because the window is so small and I have many smilies, there's a fair amount of scrolling to get to the ones at the bottom.

Hitting backspace does drop down the keyboard but then they can only select one smilie before having to hit close and continue with their post.
If they want to add another smilie they must repeat the process each time, which gets rather old fast especially if wanting to add multiple smilies throughout the post.
The option to have both Windows open while composing a post and just switching between tabs/pages would be very awesome.

I'm guessing this two window opotion isn't able but maybe someone could suggest a workaround?

I'd be grateful for a bigger popup window atm....with maybe 4 columns wide rather than two.

I did stumble upon this post on how to get the window into a full screen but it appears to be outdated.
I looked in my public-html directory for editor.js and it doesn't exist Sad

https://community.mybb.com/thread-137750.html

ANY help is greatly appreciated Smile
MyBBs default setting is 4 columns is it not? which means you must have changed it to 2 at some point. You can change the columns back to 4 in ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Clickable Smilies and BB Code -> No. of Smilie Cols to Show
Under configuration/settings/Clickable Smilies and BB Code

It is set to 4 columns however only 2 are displaying, go figure lol.
Maybe it's the theme you are using. A page already exists for smilies - misc.php?action=smilies

you can try linking to it with <a href="{$mybb->asset_url}/misc.php?action=smilies">{$lang->smilieinsert_getmore}</a>