MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I fix Error 42 without upgrading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I checked on my forum and activated a few accounts. I went back about 10 minutes later and suddenly there's a problem... Error 42. I deleted the lock document and now I have Error 43. I paid a guy to make my forum look nice so I don't want to delete anything that might revert his customizations. Can I get rid of this error and keep using 1.8.10? I have everything backed up but I didn't back it up within the last week because I didn't see this coming...
looks like your forum was installed by using an application at web host control panel (eg. Softaculous)
and it has automatic update setting turned on for MyBB. may be that application has copied files of MyBB
new version
but not completed the upgrade. that could be the cause of above referred problems.

if you are sure that you had MyBB 1.8.10 earlier then you can upload its files by overwriting
existing files
and that should solve the problem.

MyBB 1.8.10 version files available here => MyBB releases

Edit: you should turn off automatic updating feature used at the application settings (in web host control panel)
(2017-04-25, 07:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like your forum was installed by using an application at web host control panel (eg. Softaculous)
and it has automatic update setting turned on for MyBB. may be that application has copied files of MyBB
new version
 but not completed the upgrade. that could be the cause of above referred problems.

if you are sure that you had MyBB 1.8.10 earlier then you can upload its files by overwriting
existing files
and that should solve the problem.

MyBB 1.8.10 version files available here => MyBB releases

Edit: you should turn off automatic updating feature used at the application settings (in web host control panel)

Where do I unzip the backup to in my web host file directory? And what do I delete from the zip before that so it doesn't overwrite my customizations with this black-and-blue theme?

Nevermind, fixed it! Thank you.