MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting an Image Help *Newb*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new at MYBB, and I'm having a problem with attaching pictures to a post. When I click the button to attach a picture, it just gives me a URL dialog box. I would like to have the ability in my forum for users to upload a photo directly from their computer, and have the image store in the database, rather than from a website. Is this functionality available? Huh
attachments system can be used. more details => Attachments guidance (MyBB 1.6.x)
You can use upload attachment and then inset it into post or you can use a plugin such as

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=386

It will upload to imgur though.

Regards
WallBB
I was just reviewing the documentation, the browse button is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know where to turn that feature on. Some of the links to the 1.6.x documentation is broken. Sorry for acting like a noob, but I'm not sure where this features is. I want the attachment directly in the post. Confused

(2017-04-26, 04:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]attachments system can be used. more details => Attachments guidance (MyBB 1.6.x)

I'm an idiot guys! I just had to scroll down on my screen to see the attachment button. I was looking at the top on the toolbar. You guys are quick. Thank you so much for helping me! You guys ROCK! Lightbulb
(2017-04-26, 03:55 PM)Listening Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty new at MYBB, and I'm having a problem with attaching pictures to a post. When I click the button to attach a picture, it just gives me a URL dialog box. I would like to have the ability in my forum for users to upload a photo directly from their computer, and have the image store in the database, rather than from a website. Is this functionality available?  Huh

It is pretty easy to attach picture to post. You can post the image URL in the box. Yes this kind of attaching functionality available in MYBB.