MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with cookies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I just started up a forum but I notice my forum doesn't update the information on it, at least me. There is another forum around and people on there don't have any problems with it (I think).

Basically, when someone has posted a reply or thread, I won't see it if I have visited the page earlier. Though, when I post myself it does show my own post.

This also happens when I update a forum feature, such as changing a name of a forum. It keeps showing the old name.

Any idea what the problem is?
Can you go into your ACP -> Settings -> General Config -> Send No Cache Headers -> "yes"

See if it works then
Tikitiki Wrote:Can you go into your ACP -> Settings -> General Config -> Send No Cache Headers -> "yes"

See if it works then

Hmm it showed some improvement. I can refresh the page in the AdminCP without it going automatically to the Admin CP Home page. But I still need to hit the refresh the page if I want to see an update.

When I update something it is pretty essential for me to immediately see the change on the page where I made it. So it really bothers me.

Can you provide the solution?

Cheers,
-MV
Hi, that's the only solution I can provide. It looks to me like it's some sort of browser setting. Try clearing your cache
Does this happen to any other user? Can you try using a different browser?
Well, over at another forum I'm sure no one else has the problem, since I'm the only one complaining out of 250+ members.

I think it's due to my browser. The only advantage the new IE browser has are those 'all websites in one' feature, you work the same with Firefox (with tabloids you can click on).

This IE has soooo many bugs, I'm considering either upgrading back or getting Firefox. I'll be looking in my cache then.

edit: I've checked my cache and apparantly it never checked for new updates. I set it to automatically now. I shows some results already. I'll keep you updated if it works on my own and other forum too.

Cheers,
-MV