MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums Locked and Forgot Password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've locked my forums, I haven't login for awhile and then I cleared my browser history. My forums password was saved in my browser, I can't remember my password and I can't reset it either....

Anyone know how to fix this?
(2017-04-28, 01:26 PM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]see this reply

https://community.mybb.com/thread-85406-...24568.html

Hi,

I followed the steps in PhpMyAdmin and I get this error (see screenshot attached below)
You need to select your MyBB database from the list first.
(2017-04-28, 02:26 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You need to select your MyBB database from the list first.

I've also done that as well and I get this error message (see screenshot attached below)
If you're using a custom table prefix, you need to modify the name of the table in the query.
looks like your forum has a different prefix for the database tables - it can be found from ~/inc/config.php file

[config.php]
(2017-04-28, 02:37 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like your forum has a different prefix for the database tables - it can be found from ~/inc/config.php file

[config.php]

What do I change the prefix to?
what do you see in config.php file ? suppose you see xyz like below
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'xyz_';
in SQL query you have to replace mybb with xyz
(2017-04-28, 02:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what do you see in config.php file ? suppose you see xyz like below
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'xyz_';
in SQL query you have to replace mybb with xyz

I've changed table prefix and when I try to run the code again (After refreshing the page). I get this error
Pages: 1 2