MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Discussions on Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, is there any way to limit the "Latest Discussions" on portal to show only title, author, views and replies only? Actually I do not want text of the threads.

Thanx
There isn't any text of the thread in it =/

This is what i see
Test Thread 
Last Post by: LeX-
07-10-2007 06:13 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3 
I guess I was confusion it with Announcements. You are right LeX-. But the latest problem is that latest threads {$latestthreads} is not outputting anything on my portal. I only get the list when I put {$threadlist}, but that list doesn't have theme elements with it. Any views?
- Whats your forum link ?
- Is Show Latest Discussions in your Portal Settings set to yes ?
- Did you modify your portal.php ?
I am readying my copy on local server before putting it up once it's ready. Show Latest Discussion in portal settings is set to yes and I did not modify portal.php.
If you want to remove the text from the Announcements, you can remove this code from the portal_announcement template
<p>{$message}</p>{$post['attachments']}

Also, the latest discussion bar variable is {$latestthreads}, so if it doesn't work then you either don't have any threads on your forum, or there's something wrong in your portal.php
Though I had not touched portal.php, I just downloaded a new copy of MyBB, and replaced the old portal.php with the new one. Also, I reverted to original the portal template in Admin CP also. But still, their is not latest discussion on portal despite 5 threads posted in forums.

Secondly, in my profile page, I am getting the following:

Send %1$s a private message

the user name is not there Sad
Anyone with any solution? Sad
Bump....Sorry, but I need a solution Sad
Link to your forum please?
Pages: 1 2