MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.8.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am attempting to upload the upgrade from 1.8.7 to 1.8.11 using the 'wizard'.  When I click on 'next' after the first screen I receive this error message and the upgrade freezes:

Language avatargallerylang (/home/tventuri/public_html/trailerforum/inc/languages/avatargallerylang) is not installed

I've changed the permissions to 755 in the language files where i have that file .php.

Can you help?  I really need to upgrade the forum.

Thanks!
Deborah
The error message may be related to a plugin you have running. You should deactivate (NOTE: not uninstall) any plugins you have running, before upgrading.
Thanks for the reply Ashley1!
I deactivated all the plugins. I, however, did not use the .htaccess to take the forum down. Would that cause it?
No the htaccess instruction won't cause that error, it only blocks users from accessing the forum. Have you disabled all plugins now, and tried again?
which php files you have in the languages folder ?
if you have avatargallery.lang.php file then move it to english subfolder
or rename it as avatargallery.lang.old file
(2017-04-30, 03:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which php files you have in the languages folder ?
if you have avatargallery.lang.php file then move it to english subfolder
or rename it as avatargallery.lang.old file

Thank you for your reply!

The php files in language are avatargallery.lang.php, english.php, googlelanguageseo.php.  

I'll try moving/renaming the file and let you know.

(2017-04-29, 11:07 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]No the htaccess instruction won't cause that error, it only blocks users from accessing the forum. Have you disabled all plugins now, and tried again?

Yes, I did try again with no success.  Still freezes with the avatargallery.lang.php not loaded screen.
^ googlelanguageseo.php file in languages folder should be also moved / renamed (with .old extension)
(2017-04-30, 01:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ googlelanguageseo.php file in languages folder should be also moved / renamed (with .old extension)

Thank you .m., I'll see if it works.  I appreciate the help!!!