MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change this Language definition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On line 371 of global.lang.php

change the definition

$l['view_attachments'] = "[View My Attachments]";

to

$l['view_attachments'] = "View My Attachments";

It's not consistent with the theme and causes problems when styling the link in the post_attachments template.

The square bracket can be added to the template so that you have:

<br />
			<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
	<td class="thead" colspan="3"><strong>{$lang->attachments}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat smalltext" colspan="3">{$lang->attach_quota} [<a href="usercp.php?action=attachments">{$lang->view_attachments}</a>]</td>
</tr>
{$newattach}
{$attachments}
</table>
Sounds fair enough to me.
support
+1 - support!
Anyway you can edit your lang file in ACP and adjust it to your needs
Yes but the idea is not to be editing core files even language files - rather edit the templates.
OK, I see the point but these language vars are often used in other places, so you have to track them all. It is better to adjust it for your needs manually (you can create modified English pack and maintain it for your custom theme)
(2017-05-04, 07:28 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I see the point but these language vars are often used in other places, so you have to track them all. It is better to adjust it for your needs manually (you can create modified English pack and maintain it for your custom theme)

For myself it's not a problem...I just edit core files. For MyBB it's better to change IMO. In any case use the info or don't use it.