MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make Forum Width Wider???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make my forum wider?

http://cfa-football.com/forum/index.php

I'm talking about Square Theme.
Go to admin CP> Templates> Square Templates> Index Templates> Index

Edit the template width for sidebar and forums.
Increasing the value of forums and decreasing the value of sidebar in px will make your forum wider.

Regards
WallBB
Thanks, that sort of is what I was looking for but not really.. I would like to make the entire thing wider.. I increased the forum and left the sidebar alone and it went below it.. I'm guess it maxes out somewhere?
(05-02-2017, 06:08 PM)Robmeister89 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I make my forum wider?

http://cfa-football.com/forum/index.php

I'm talking about Square Theme.

Go to your theme's global.css and check

.wrapper {
    width: 984px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0 20px;
    min-width: 984px;
}
I increased that by 100 and then went to the templates and added 100 to my forum and nothing happens? It still goes below the sidebox..
You will need to increase wrapper width as well in case you are just increasing forum width.
Disregard.. it did work.. it just took some time apparently..

Thanks!

What about the bar above the forum index? It didn't increase with the wrapper?

Some users are having issues with the changes...

Is there somewhere else that I should look to change it from 984 to 1084?

Okay, so I put the original numbers back and now the forum won't go back to its normal 984px and the forum and sidebar have a large gap between them..

So I changed it back to the original and now my forum won't go back to the way it was.. the large gap is still there today..
I would normally suggest using a percentage for width while specifying a min-width. You never know if the visitor is on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone.
(05-02-2017, 06:54 PM)Robmeister89 Wrote: [ -> ]Disregard.. it did work.. it just took some time apparently..

You need to press CTRL + F5 after making stylesheet changes to hard refresh the content and clear browser cache.