MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice needed Re-Installing MyBB original theme, styles and settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just managed to get MyBB 1.8.11 installed over the old 1.8.5.
The trouble is that I have got an old problem back with being unable to edit posts and align text properly. I can't help feeling that as I have stumbled around MyBB I have changed a style/template somewhere and forgotten which. When I am not logged in everything looks just fine, but once I do it all goes centered and filling the screen from side to side. I have tried logging in with a different identity and the problem is the same, as at one time I have forced the theme on all users. What I would like to do is get the original MyBB theme/settings back again, and start all over from scratch. Can anyone tell me how to do this ?
The only plug in that I can remember installing is the FaceBook connect plug in. I never did get it to work and tried to remove it. It is only since the upgrade to 1.8.11 that the FaceBook image has shown itself. Strange.
see this reply

you can also install & use a good looking theme

[themes section] | [theme installation]
Thanks for the info !
I have successfully followed the instructions on the linked post, and while the appearence has changed to the Default MyBB theme I still have the same problems with alignment and editing. The Forum masthead has also taken on a very expanded look. What on earth can I have done ?[attachment=38813][attachment=38814]
basically it looks like MyBB 1.6.x theme was not upgraded for MyBB 1.8.x

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Many thanks !

I decided that the best wat to go was to revert everything and start afresh. It has worked. Everything looks OK as far as alignment is concerned, and it looks the way it is meant to for a Default MyBB theme and I can play around from there. Also, all posts are editable again ! At least they are for me as the moderator.

Many thanks again !