MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue with thread's post count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Problem
Post count in thread doesn't consider deleted posts if permission "can view deletation notice" is active for normal users and guests.

Steps to Reproduce
Edit forum permission of a forum for registered usergroups and check the input Can view deletion notices? in tab "Editing". Then create a thread in that forum e post some replies. Then delete the first reply and check the thread with both admin and registered users. With admin account you'll see all the post. With registered users you can't see the last post or others if there are many deleted posts.
How many posts qualifies as many posts? I replied 6 times and deleted the first one and it's working fine for me.
Are you sure? If you delete some replies, you didn't see latest. (If you are admin or moderator, you see all replies)
(2017-05-04, 08:17 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]How many posts qualifies as many posts? I replied 6 times and deleted the first one and it's working fine for me.

Posts Per Page: 10.
Create 11 posts.
Delete the 2nd for example.

Administrators can see two pages with the 11th post being on the second one.

Users with 'Can view deletion notices?' enabled can only see one page, hence they can't see the last post. (Incidentally they can see it in a stripped down version of the content, but it's beside the point.)

I hope this will help to replicate the issue.
I can confirm this issue using BBpasserby's instructions on 1.8.12. It happens only when (replies count - deleted replies) == (replies per page + 1).
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2815

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group