MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unusual flow of visitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this morning I am experiencing an unusual amount of users/ traffic from all different IP adresses.

It al started yesterday afternoon when the past 24h visitors count started to raise to unknown heights.. where the usual visitors count for the past 24h was avaraging around the 40 users it now reached suddenly 170 users.

Where the user count for the past 15m was avaraging around 2 to 5 visitors it now exceeds numbers through 40, all different IP adreses.

The users seem even to acces parts of mybb which should be prohibited to them like posting comments...

So now are my thoughts it might be some kind of bots or malicious software or proxys... this is the link to the who's online table: https://www.airsoftkrat.be/forum/online.php maybe some of you guys could figure out what to do with it. And inform me about the eventual risks.

Kind regards,
basically I'd suggest to remove guests access to ezgallery & viewing threads
There are a few important things you should check :-
1. Usergroup permissions
2. Proxy plugin to block proxy traffic(Usually bots use that)
3. Use of CDN for images to improve image loading
4. Use cloudflare or succri to prevent spam

That's what I will suggest.
(2017-05-04, 09:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically I'd suggest to remove guests access to ezgallery & viewing threads

So I'll make it for the regular guest user-group private and make an additional group to store my bots/ spiders in for SEO?

(2017-05-04, 12:12 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few important things you should check :-
1. Usergroup permissions
2. Proxy plugin to block proxy traffic(Usually bots use that)
3. Use of CDN for images to improve image loading
4. Use cloudflare or succri to prevent spam

That's what I will suggest.

1. Checked permissions - guests are disallowed post commenting.
2. Before posting this thread I already searched the internet to find possible solutions and I came across the idea of implementing the proxy plugin, but other people where arguing that this has little impact due to the fact that proxy IP addresses change all the time.
3. I could give that a shot is that difficult to implement?
4. Cloudflare and S are plugins? .. they only prevent registrations and posts I presume?

Thx for the ideas.