MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging IPBoard 3 Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!  I am taking over ownership of a forum from a friend of mine, who used IPBoard 3.  He sent me the SQL files for the database from that forum, but it looks like the Merge tool requires me to actually have an install of IPBoard 3 on my webhost in order to merge it with the MyBB forum I recently set up.  Is that correct?  I was hoping to find a way to plug the SQL files from my friend's forum into my MyBB forum if that is at all possible.  I don't own an IPBoard 3 copy so I'm not sure how I could install it if that is a required step.  Thank you to anyone who can clarify this for me, apologies if the question is obvious, I'm quite new to all of this.
IIRC, IP Board setup is not required.
You don't need existing forum on your hosting, just database is enough.
Upload the IPB forum database inside phpMyAdmin and remember the details of database.
You also need your MyBB forum install and mybb merge system uploaded properly.
This documentation is very clear and should help you :-
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/merge/running/

Regards
WallBB
(2017-05-04, 12:04 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the IPB forum database inside phpMyAdmin and remember the details of database.

Thank you for the responses! I've got myBB set up and I have the merge folder uploaded, but I'm not sure how to upload the IPB forum database inside phpMyAdmin. I'm stuck at the "database configuration" part of the merge process right now. I just have the IPB files sitting in my public_html folder, as I'm not sure if they need to be in a certain location.
ipb database needs to be imported into web server (through phpMyAdmin)
a user needs to be added for that database and all privileges should be granted for that user
Do I need to import the IPBoard database to the same database that myBB is currently installed on? I've tried importing the IPBoard database on a different database, but when I select that database in the "database configuration" step of merging, I continually receive an error stating that "no IPBoard 3 database exists on that database with that table prefix."

Just making sure, but once I upload the "merge" folder to my myBB install location, do I need to alter anything? From the documentation for merging it sounds like I just upload it and it's all set, but I'm not sure.
in general, separate database should be used.
not sure the reason for Merge System saying that database is not available.
check your IP board database details again (database name, user, password)

And no separate configuration settings are required in the Merge System files.
required details are collected at the initial steps of running the Merge System.