MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop date and time showing on posts and replies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few years ago when I first started with MyBB I asked how I could stop the date and time showing on posts and replies. I have tried searching my old posts on this forum to find the solution that I was given, but can't find it. Can anyone help with this ?

I am now using version 1.8.11
your earlier thread => Disable the date and time in posts

as Arbaz suggested there,
basically you have to remove {$post['postdate']} & {$post['posttime']} variables content from the postbit templates
Nearly there !

I did manage to find MyTheme - Templates - Postbit
Way way down the list.

And I have deleted the only instance of {$post['postdate']} that I could find. It has removed Date and Time from the individual posts. But, in the list of 'Last Posts' The date and time are still showing. 

Can this also be removed ?
<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
above code may be removed.
{$post['postdate']} represents post time & {$post['editedmsg']} provides edited time & reason for editing
Still not quite there.

I have located and deleted the code that you gave, but I am still getting the Date and Time of the last post ?
I have cleared my broswer cache, I have tried differnt browsers, and I have have even tried using my 'spare' computer.
No matter what I seem to do, the Date and Time still display on the last posting notification ?
^ well, that information is from index & forumdisplay , search results & portal pages ...

you can remove {$lastpost_date} from templates => forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost & forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost

also you can remove {$lastpostdate} from templates => forumdisplay_thread , search_results_threads_thread , portal_latestthreads_thread ...
(2017-05-04, 03:30 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, that information is from index & forumdisplay , search results & portal pages ...

you can remove {$lastpost_date} from templates => forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost &  forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost

also you can remove {$lastpostdate} from templates => forumdisplay_thread , search_results_threads_thread , portal_latestthreads_thread ...

Ok ! I will give that a go and see what happens.

Many thanks !

Success !
I don't know which deletion got the required result, I delted everything that you suggested and it has worked.

Many thanks !
As someone who frequents forums, I think it's a terrible idea to remove date / time of posts. I can quickly look at the last post information to determine if I've read everything there.