MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS feed for a specifc thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm totally new to MyBB (used punBB before) and I'm wondering if there is an option to allow RSS feeds for a specific thread and not a complete (sub-)forum?
I like to offer guests to subscribe to an rss feed which for a specific topic. (an update topic in which I only post when I release an update to my software)

Cu Selur
I just checked the page source. There is none on this thread. I guess, you would have to rely on some custom plugin to achieve this.
Okay,... does anyone know if there is a plugin which already allows this?
(just getting the hang of how to install plugins and adjust themes a bit)

Cu Selur
MyBB forum has RSS for content of first post of the threads. RSS for posts is not available.
so RSS for posts of a specific thread is not available.

attachment provided here could be of some help, which is related to RSS of posts
Note: it was coded for an older version of MyBB

--- this topic is moved to Plugin Requests section ---
Thread starter can use the subscribe option while making a new topic

Quote:Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies

Hopefully, that applies to later posters as well

Update :

It is available for further posters as well. Only if they use full editor while posting.
Subscribing and receive email notification of new replies would require a registered user, the point of using rss was to allow guests to get a notification.

@.m.: Thanks for moving the post and linking to that older modification.

Cu Selur
(2017-05-09, 05:39 PM)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Subscribing and receive email notification of new replies would require a registered user, the point of using rss was to allow guests to get a notification.

This

Quote:RSS for posts is not available.
Yeah, got that, just wanted to point out that the normal subscribe option isn't a solution for my problem. Big Grin

Cu Selur