MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Impossible to see all pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi'

I'm testing myBB 1.8.11 for the first time and for this, I've create a new local forum.

The problem is, when a thread has a lot of messages, with Admin ou Super Moderator account I see 8 pages, and I can navigate into this 8 pages.
But, a classic user can see only 4 pages, no button "next page", if the "go to" system is on, the "Go to page 6" action for example, redirect to page 1....

It's quite embarassing... I haven't found any configuration element or permission to bypass this problem, is there any solution ?

Thank you in advance Smile
Baptiste.

PS : My forum is local for the moment so not on the internet. Here is an image of the problem but I don't think that it will helpful...

Admin / Super moderator user see :

[Image: 675907Capturede769cran20170507a768132018.png]

Classic user see :

[Image: 764876Capturede769cran20170507a768132008.png]
have you deleted (i.e. soft deleted) a number of posts in that thread ?
if so approx how many posts are deleted ? does it match with the missing posts of normal users ..
Only thing I can think of it being is when you've deleted post inline, like .m. said, they still show for admins/moderators because they haven't been deleted permanently, therefore showing you more pages.
Yeah..

I've done a lot of test including deleting message with admin and classic user, I look for deleted messages by user in all the page and indeed I've found 3-4 messages. Thank you for your help !

My last question so is, how can I specify that the delete message action from classic user is the delete permanently ? I prefer restore database from backup instead of having pagination problem Smile

Thank you !

Or a solution in order to don't show deleted post to classics users ?
Because actually, deleted messages (delete by user) are shown only with the username but without message and so, the pagination is not valid and last posts are not displayed Sad
forum admin panel >> configuration (Settings) >> Posting
>> Enable Soft Delete for Users --> select No & save settings

[If enabled, posts and threads deleted by users will be hidden and can be restored by moderators.
Otherwise, these posts and threads will be deleted permanently]
Oh My God ! Perfect ! A huge thank you Smile