MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security => 2-Step Verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Now a day everywhere you will find 2nd Step verification. Due to increase of hacking activities in our modern internet world, it always first priority safety. It better if MYBB team add a new Features 2nd Step Verification inbuilt in upcoming version. So the user who like, they can enable or disable it.

Whenever user login, it send All information (IP, Browser, time etc) with verification code in mail, When they verify with OTP then he can able to access his account.

Let me know what you all think about this ?
+1 Smile i need 2-fa for users
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/security/2fa/
It is planned for all users in 2.0, you can check it on the above link from MyBB Team.
This should be a feature in MyBB 1.8 as well, I modified a plugin a while back that got discontinued due to MyBB Admin 2FA, I had to fix a bunch of stuff to get it working properly without messing up admin and 2fa. That being said native 2FA would be great. My plugin doesn't send login info via email at the moment, I'll consider adding it for my users Big Grin