MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Select Tag on Custom Profile Field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, So i'm creating a new project, and I'm playing with custom fields on profile, I  see that there are some field type options like Text Box, Text Area, Radio Buttons, etc...
But there is no option for a simple select (This one: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp...tml_select ).

I created 2 custom fields, one of 74 options and another of 13, so, in the edit profile page I have a HUGE list of things. There is any way to show it how I want it?

Thanks Smile
It might be this one:

usercp_profile_profilefields_select

under user control panel templates
(2017-05-08, 01:50 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]It might be this one:

usercp_profile_profilefields_select

under user control panel templates

That's how is showed. But in Select appear a Box, instead of a dropdown menu.
I don't follow, in ACP there's option to create select, and then you style it with the template above.

Are you saying that you created a select box in ACP but it's not showing as select in the front ?
(2017-05-08, 02:21 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't follow, in ACP there's option to create select, and then you style it with the template above.

Are you saying that you created a select box in ACP but it's not showing as select in the front ?

Is showing a Box not a select dropdown.

[Image: mRk5iiI.png]
(2017-05-08, 04:09 AM)alv4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-08, 02:21 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't follow, in ACP there's option to create select, and then you style it with the template above.

Is showing a Box not a select dropdown.

[Image: mRk5iiI.png]

Hi

I have had a chance to test this and your error must be in the way you are specifying in the ACP. Choose select box in ACP and not multiple option selection. and secondly let the size of the field = 1.

This info here might help:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_select_size.asp

Here you can see i created a drop down select box and styled it with bootstrap.

[Image: untitled.png]

[Image: untitled2.png]
Sorry, I was tired on that momment. I realize now what was my mistake and it was really dumb.

Thanks! Smile
I have changed Custom Profile Field Sex to "Show on Registraion";

It did not show on registration, but when the user submits the registration form, it gives error "You did not enter an option for the "Sex" field. Please fill in or select a value for this field."

Even I created another custom field "Profession" and getting the same problem.

Please advice me.
(2017-05-27, 09:11 AM)taxguru Wrote: [ -> ]I have changed Custom Profile Field Sex to "Show on Registraion";

It did not show on registration, but when the user submits the registration form, it gives error "You did not enter an option for the "Sex" field. Please fill in or select a value for this field."

Even I created another custom field "Profession" and getting the same problem.

Please advice me.

Please start your own thread.