MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Install 1.8.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I've just installed version 1.8.11 and have an issue. Firstly and this might be the problem, it's a home build server with a website redirected via another website (pending setup).

I'm able to logon to the Admin Dashboard but am unable to log in as a user account, the users just return back to the login screen. Currently my cookiedomin is blank and the cookiepath is /forum/.

Please advise with any thoughts or if you need the URL of the forum.

Regards

_Ian_
have you seen faq: login guidance ..

if your forum is available on live web server then blank cookie domain might not work.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and no I'd not seen that. I've now changed the cookiedomain to the correct setting as per the table but am now unable to log into the admin console either ? The initial "home" admin page is displayed but anything other than this returns back to the logon screen. Tried using both Chrome and IE with the same result.

_Ian_

**EDIT**

I found another post and followed that to set my settings back to the original - I can now log into the Admin pages again but still face the user login issue.

_Ian_
if live web server is used then what is the forum URL ?
It is a live ( public access ) server but the domain is currently forwarded to another for testing, I guess this could be the issue.
The URL will be http://mycarbuild.co.uk/forum You should be able to see it online now if that helps ?
Thanks
_Ian_
if you are using http://10.10.10.1/forum as url in your browser,
can you try using 10.10.10.1 as cookie domain and / as cookie path ..

after changing settings, you may have to clear your browser cookies
(link available at yourForumURL/misc.php?action=help&hid=3)
and close & reopen your browser to check again the login process
Hi
Ok I've updated all the configuration settings with the correct URL and not the internal IP (10.10.10.1) but now not only can guests not log in the page is not being displayed correctly, it looks like the images are being blocked and the page is text only.
Not too sure what I'm doing wrong, but appreciate your help -

Regards

** Update **

I'm going to leave this for now as I think the redirect on the domain isn't helping matters and until this is resolved feel I could just be chasing my own problems round and round.

Thanks

_Ian_