MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Programm/software to record and convert music from spotify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a way to record and convert music from spotify. I still have a old mp3 player which i'm using when i'm doing sports since it a lot handier than my smartphone Big Grin but since i'm using spotify i dont have any music on my laptop. I have heard that as long as one has an account it is somehow legal to record the music for the own usage. Is that ture? and does anyone know a programm/software that can record and convert music from spotify?
Its absolutely not true, Spotify has streaming rights to the songs and then rights to temporarily store songs for offline play within the confines of your account, but recording the song for use otherwise constitutes copyright infringement. Smile
(2017-05-15, 03:29 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Its absolutely not true, Spotify has streaming rights to the songs and then rights to temporarily store songs for offline play within the confines of your account, but recording the song for use otherwise constitutes copyright infringement. Smile

what he said.

i did see a program that can copy music streamed from certain music programs..i forgot the name, doh. but it was a paid program
I'm actually quite satisfied with spotify. But i want to download some music that i can put on mp3 player. and since i have an account for spotify i thought maybe there is a Software that can donwload the music and convert it into a mp3 file so i can put some music on my mp3 player.
spotify is good service. i found some info on recording music from spotify..but there are many more info than this one. just keep researching.

source
Bah. I just use a modified Spotify APK and I don't have to pay a dime. I may not be able to record it, but it's sufficient for me.
(2017-05-17, 02:22 PM)covertwarfare Wrote: [ -> ]Bah. I just use a modified Spotify APK and I don't have to pay a dime. I may not be able to record it, but it's sufficient for me.

Pretty sure you're both violating Spotify's ToS and committing copyright infringement (assuming the APK is modified how I'm thinking) at the same time. Nice.
(2017-05-17, 11:33 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-17, 02:22 PM)covertwarfare Wrote: [ -> ]Bah. I just use a modified Spotify APK and I don't have to pay a dime. I may not be able to record it, but it's sufficient for me.

Pretty sure you're both violating Spotify's ToS and committing copyright infringement (assuming the APK is modified how I'm thinking) at the same time. Nice.

wading in dangerous waters