MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Tabs and Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1LXJgj.png]

People always love and like the way profile looks, especially it's their stuff. Let people customize their profile and their profile layout, give them a chance of customizing their profile. Making a lot different sort of forum which looks like a little bit facebook instead of classic forums is always some good stuff.

-

MyBB 2.0 looks amazing, although it's free, i respect all of you for doing it so.
I agree.

Yes, it is a foruming software, but to be better than any other software, you have to leap boundaries and offer features no other system has. Since it is a complete rewrite, the only difference from 2.0 and any other forum software is it's free, and an enhanced version of it's older software.

A prime example of core features it's missing are as simple as a setting in the ACP to set what URL is the homepage and what URL is the forum. Some people just find it too hard to install plugins and access an FTP. So *some* features *should* be considered - even if it is not really "forum" related.

I completely understand this software is all volunteer work, but if we kept building houses out of mud and with the same materials, we would never be where we are today. Sometimes you have to say "Yeah, this is a foruming software, and the foruming aspect will always be #1, however along with our core forum, we offer a built in advanced profile system along with a few other things that are not really forum related."

The response "we are a forum software" is a bit BS to hear when Google is a search engine company but also works on other things.

Yes, plugins - the mighty plugins. I agree - this could be a plugin however, how often is MyBB updated (quite often) which means, all plugins will eventually be outdated if a major change comes along. An amazing example of this issue would be all the plugins we currently have, but most of them are over a year old or just not worked on.

tldr;

Why just be a forum software like the 50 other free forum systems with pretty much the same features in moderation, groups, posting, editing. Sometimes to be a better system, you have to add something to the system that makes it stand out.