MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i run mybb localaly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just install sokkit. what next i need to do to run mybb locally.. why ll i put or creat database sql file...
You need to download PHP and Mysql from their respective sites. You then need to install/run IIS (on Windows XP Pro?). This will run a server you can access on your local machine by going to 127.0.0.1
Sokkit is an all in one webserver so he does not need to do that, i have no experience with sokkit so you are better off looking for an faq on there site on how to set up a database. I usuaully just use phpmyadmin.
Instead of IIS, I use Apache, which is pretty powerfull too. Apache is more Linux-directed (I think) but it works for Windows too.
If you have a domain I can host you on my server for free. Unless you have a T1 connection or better, I wouldn't run it from home.
Quote:Instead of IIS, I use Apache, which is pretty powerfull too. Apache is more Linux-directed (I think) but it works for Windows too.

Apache runs great on Windows systeams! Big Grin (Thats just my experience)
nasrul Wrote:I just install sokkit. what next i need to do to run mybb locally.. why ll i put or creat database sql file...
A suggestion from my side is that you download a full server-system, like easyphp. When you install it, mysql, php, apache etc will be installed and set up for you. Smile
The best all in one webserver package I've found is xampp. The windows version has;
Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, Turck MMCache, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql

which is more than enough to run MyBB :p I haven't figured out how to enable the php mail() function on it though :\ you probably need to set up a domain name to your computer or something.
Sokkit is an all in one server package. Which is what i said earlier. He didnt want advice on a server package.
I have only used XAMPP but i have to say it's one of the best server packags i'v ever used... very very simple to setup... the new vertion just came out!
Pages: 1 2