MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb linked Discord Bot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys ! 

I wonder if someone here knows about a Discord bot capable of assigning roles to discord users according to the permissions they have on the mybb forum.

Like a member will get access automatically to certain rooms and chat on Discord...

If no one exists already, would it be difficult to create one ? 

Let's all discuss about it !  Big Grin
I know some in discord already discussed about a discord bot and already begin to programm and use for his own discord/mybb, but i dont know if its just privat or get released when its finished.
(2017-05-15, 04:29 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]I know some in discord already discussed about a discord bot and already begin to programm and use for his own discord/mybb, but i dont know if its just privat or get released when its finished.

More than likely it will be private.
Well, I guess it's time for me to really learn php
(2017-05-17, 05:02 PM)Gatas Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess it's time for me to really learn php

Indeed, the only reason I say it will be private is due to the fact that if it was going to be released to everyone and not just the their server, they would have posted something here about a bot being developed and developed a public MyBB plugin to work with the bot.

The bot would require access to the forum and would have to be able to do things within the forum and the only way to do that with no API with MyBB is to hand code everything to be compatible.
OK, I am looking for MyBB bot for Discord - when a new post/thread is posted on your forum -> bot automatically sends an info about that into your Discord channel. Same approach as GitHub bot.
There was another project like that under development... (Which you've already posted in... though the plugin posted there doesn't seem to exist anymore.)

I'd love to see a Discord webhook plugin also. So far no one else seems to want to make a plugin for it. (I lack the time/ability to make one myself. )
(2017-10-14, 08:11 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I am looking for MyBB bot for Discord - when a new post/thread is posted on your forum -> bot automatically sends an info about that into your Discord channel. Same approach as GitHub bot.

I actually created a bot for a discord server I am part of that does exactly that (posts a message every time there is a new thread)! I've gone ahead and uploaded the bot to my github.

Check it out here

It uses the built-in RSS function from MyBB to fetch only the most recent thread posted, if that thread is new then it posts a message to the discord server with the thread title and link to it.

Here is a screenshot of what a message from the bot looks like

[Image: 4BVw137.jpg]

I wrote this bot a few months ago and we've been using it ever since, it's worked very well for us. It also gives us a bot platform for posting other stuff (such as event notifications and such). I personally run the bot on a Raspberry Pi.