MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Permission Error after Upgraded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I set some permission of forums for user in limited groups to see them. It worked fine. I used 1.1.x at that time. Recently I just upgraded mybb into 1.2.9 . the permission i set still the same but the limited user group can see every forum they're not supposed to see. I see no mistake in forum permission. what's going on with mybb.

p.s. my server is not unix. and the upgrade is running great except this.

Please Help.
I think you need to explicitly set the forum permissions at the forum level, not the usergroup level.
how to ?
Admin CP --> Forum Management --> Permissions

That's what I was looking at last night when we were on IRC. Sorry I went to bed before you returned. I'm sure you'll be able to sort this out now.
i checked that out before i asked you on IRC. no change been made after the upgrade but limiting ppl not work anymore ... what's wrong !?

I'm appreciated your help Smile
Can you please explain how you have your group and forum permissions set up?

A "yes" permission will always override any existing "no" permissions on the level (either group or forum) they're requested for.
I set forum permission that only mod and admin can view the thread , so only admin and mod got "yes" other got "no"
Can you send me a private message with the URL to your forum and an administrator username/password so I can check if the permissions are set up correctly?
ok , please wait a min, i'm providing
right now, not only forum permission but user and group permission also went wrong
have you got the msg ? Chris
No - I haven't received a private message from me?

Are you sure you sent it at all or sent it to me and not someone else? Check your Sent Items folder.

Chris
Pages: 1 2