MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: /inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have just installed myBB for the first time and everything seemed to complete OK, but when I opened the Forum for the first time I was already Logged in.  When I click on the 'Admin CP' icon my web browser opens with the following message:
/www2/ea2/www.mydomain.co.uk/web/forum/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist

When I click on 'Admin CP' I would expect that a Control Panel would open where I can modify and change the Forum settings.  Could anyone advise what the problem could be please.
Quote:~/forum/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist
global.lang.php file is missing & you can upload it from the MyBB source files pack
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Since posting my message I have accessed the Forum directory using Filezilla. I have followed the path: www.mydomain.co.uk/forum/inc/langauges/english/admin and the folder'admin' seems to be locked but all the relevant language files, including 'global.lang.php, are stored in the folder: inc/languages/english one level up from the 'admin' folder!!??
I have looked at the File Permissions for the 'Admin' folder and they are set at '666'. (The devil !!!!)
having logged out of MyBB Forum and cleared my cache , I still cannot Login to the forum at all and get the same error message as above!!
Could it be something to do with the fact that all the individual language files are not in the 'admin' folder but in the 'english' folder? If thats the case, I have tried dragging and dropping just the global.lang.php file into the 'admin' folder but it won't allow it!!
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I believe for some reason the uploaded files must have become corrupted on the host, so to solve the problem I deleted the whole MyBB upload files from the server and started the install process from scratch. Now everything is working fine.