MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of ACP after upgrade to 1.8.8 ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Earlier today I tried logging into my forum under another user and to my surprise it showed the ACP icon ? So, I tried logging in as an administrator and was given full access. Somehow, during the upgrade process, all of my users had been elevated to Administrators. I changed all but 6 into plain registered users, and then I was able to get access to ACP with my normal Admin login details. The strange pink bar that I posted about has also gone (For now?) But, after logging on and off a few times I have once again been stopped getting to the ACP, either with my normal Admin details, or the details of any of the other users kept as Administrators.

After being able to gain access to the ACP for a while I find that I am now unable to access the ACP again under any  of the Admin users that I kept, and the strange pink bar has appeared again at the top of my forum just under the menu bar. I have gone to cPanel and done a database repair on each database, but when it comes to SQL query etc, I am in a strange land. I have no idea what I am looking at. All of this has come about with the upgrade to 1.8.11

Can anyone help me with this ?
strange ! would you like to PM me temporary access to your web host control panel &
your forum admin panel (even if it is not working) & wait for a couple of hours ..
Many thanks !

Info just sent
the issue was due to confusion of 2fa authorization & using British English pack for forum.

currently available British language pack is not fully compatible with recent versions of MyBB.
hence it would be better to use American English pack for front end of forum & also for the admin panel.
.m.

Everything now appears fixed.
Many thanks for your time, I was completely lost.

Inafix
Pages: 1 2