MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of ACP after upgrade to 1.8.8 ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have recently updated to MyBB 1.8.11 and at first all was OK, I could login anywhere.
But soon after I started to get these error messages when I try to access the ACP ?
In the attached PNG file I have shown the 3 dialogue boxes that I am presented with in the order that they appear. MyBB is not sending me an email to advise me what to do.
Can anyone help with this ?
I am not sure how to even begin to trouble shoot this based on the 2nd login error where everything is gone, the only thing I can suggest is to access the MySQL Database or have someone who is hosting your database log in and check the email associated with said account. From there make sure it is correct and if it still is not sending you a password reset, you might have to manually register an account with a password that you will remember, log into the Database, look for said new account, copy the hashed/salted password to your password in the database, and you should be able to login with said password.

-----
Edit::

After that, if you can log in, change your password.
Thanks for the reply Zaqre.
After I had upgraded to 1.8.11, I was able to access the ACP a number of times. Is it possible that these successful logins have been interpreted as 'Failed' logins causing me to be shut out ?

I have not had any problem with the password, it worked, and then stopped working. I have my password in a excel file which opens as read only so I cant mess it up, or forget it.
I would suggest clearing your browser cookies/cache and see if that helps. If you were able to log in, then I doubt it's the forum "locking" you out per se.
I have done the 'Cache' bit, it was one of the first things that I did. I have also tried using a different browser, and using my spare PC. Still no go ?
Time to get "geeksquad-y"

Have you tried turning it off and on again? (Joking)

However, have you checked your spam/trash/flagged folders in your email?
Yes, I have done all of that.
The odd thing is that I use the same password for the normal login and ACP login. Normal login is ok and I can post etc. But I am unable to gain access to the ACP, I get the odd dialogue boxes shown ?

I have just updated this post with a new image.
It shows the red bar that is appearing under the Menu bar when I am loged in as a normal user with the Admin password, but as I say this password is the same for the ACP and always has been, but it no longer gives me access to ACP since the upgrade to 1.8.11[attachment=38862]
Thanks .m.

I have looked at the links that you have provided, and it would seem that access to the ACP is needed, but my problem is that I am unable to gain access to the ACP. Once I login as the Administrator, and before I get to ACP, I get this pink bar appearing just under the Menues 

What does it mean ?
access to database is required to run SQL query.
you might be having phpMyAdmin at web host control panel to manage the database.
Pages: 1 2