MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please make sure you have all the input required to edit this template (tid and sid)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to edit a Header template, which I've done a hundred times, and suddenly when trying to save, error "Please make sure you have all the input required to edit this template (tid and sid)" shows up and it doesn't save anything.

I have no idea what's different this time that it doesn't work anymore. Last time I successfully edited the Header was few weeks ago.

Mybb version is current - 1.8.11

Any ideas?
have you tried using another browser ?
what happens if you try editing any another template ? does it work ?
Yes, I tried other browsers, but doesn't work either.

However I just tried to edit Global template which does work!

Any other idea maybe?
I still can't edit any of the Default templates.
looks like there is a problem with saving the template code into database. replies here might help
Thanks, but unfortunately none of replies there helps.

In the meantime I made a crude workaround by editing the database itself via PHPMyAdmin, but that's not a long term solution.

Btw, I tried to revert template to original and that did work. However I still can't edit any of the Default templates, but I can edit Global templates.

Also Find Updated Templates doesn't show Header template as updated, it does show some others though.

Still banging my head...
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

if direct help required and if your forum is eligible for support from this community then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & database (both are required)
It reports only images/forum_icon_sprite.png which is modified, nothing else. :/

I'm sending you access info over PM.
Here's the epilogue...

@.m. was very helpful and found out that saving template way prevented by mod_security. By temporary disabling mod_security, I'm able to save template normally.
He was also kind enough to modify Global template and hook it to Header, which is a more elegant solution.

Will talk to my hosting support about mod_security rules...

Thank you .m. Smile