MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I set where text/elements inherit from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For instance, the text to the left of the inline moderation boxes shows me that its style gets inherited from smalltext>content>container. 

I'm trying to get this text to have it's own designated style/font/color separate from all other text areas. Modifying the "smalltext" area doesn't work because it will then affect all of the text set to inherit from "smalltext". 

[Image: rSAyzzXV.jpg]

You can see above here that the text to the left of these boxes is black and does not work for the background I've chosen. I'm having this issue in a few other places throughout the site where the text doesn't work with the background image. 

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks for any insight and pardon my newbness.
basically it would be better to gain some knowledge of using browser inbuilt tools
- eg. Google Chrome: Inspect and Edit Pages and Styles

see also this little guide provided for older versions of MyBB => themes - css
It is all based on the DOM (Document Object Model). Most modern browsers allow you to inspect elements.

You should apply a new CSS class to the labels you point out.
(2017-05-18, 06:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically it would be better to gain some knowledge of using browser inbuilt tools
- eg. Google Chrome: Inspect and Edit Pages and Styles

see also this little guide provided for older versions of MyBB => themes - css

How do I go from editing in browser tool to making it a permanent change within the css?

(2017-05-18, 06:45 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]It is all based on the DOM (Document Object Model). Most modern browsers allow you to inspect elements.

You should apply a new CSS class to the labels you point out.

I guess that's what I don't know how to do, or where to do it

Edit: So I basically have to use inspect element to see which template it's being pulled from, then add <a style="color: #fff" > ?

I also cant' seen to find the template with the code for the box at the top of the Private Message (https://community.mybb.com/private.php) page that shows lists Inbox | Compose Message | Manage Folders.

It appears that the default is for that container to have no background. I need to fill that space with a solid background. I can change it via Chrome inspect element but can't find it within template. Any ideas for me?
John,

There is a setting to put HTML comments indicating the start and end of each template (ACP => Configuration => Settings => Server and Optimization Options => Output template start/end comments?). When you have this enabled you can view source on the page in question and find your template.