MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Optimize database causes "inline moderation selectall" to appear moderator search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When moderators use 'view new posts' or 'view today's post',  they see the page with this :

Quote:All 30 results on this page are selected. Select all 966 results in this search.
It's that thing when you select all threads in one page, asking if you want to select all.
When I tested it, I can reproduce it, if I click on 'Select all 966 results' then it says 'Select to clear selection', if I click to that, this notice disappears,  but it reappears again when I do search again.

Update 1: Interestingly, it's happening only for some mod groups, I have several mod groups.
Update 2: When I take that user from that moderation group and add him seperately, it's happening too. I suspect this bug is not related to usergroups, but to forum - user is added as mod.

Update 3: I noticed that I don't have this issue in copied version of my forum from a month ago (1.18.11 release), when I looked at what changes I did during that time period, I noticed that I optimized database. When I optimized database in copied forum, issue appeared. It's caused by optimize database function.
Up...
Up 2..
Optimize database only gets rid of overhead in the table; it doesn't do anything else so something else must have been done. Does this happen on a default theme?
Yes, I tested it now. It happens in default theme too.

As I explained first I noticed that this issue is not happening in older copy of my forum (which is taken at 1.8.11 update), then I looked at what changes I did during that period, I saw that I updated some plugins and I tried updating them in copy forum - nothing changed. Then I saw that I optimized database, when I optimized database in copy forum this issue has started.

I can give you id and password if you want to check it yourself.
up...

Maybe its better to move this thread to bugs forum, especially if someone can reproduce it from staff.
**moved the thread as it might be a bug.**
I could not reproduce this issue with the following steps:
  1. Assign an user as moderator of forum A;
  2. Post some threads;
  3. Run "optimize database";
  4. Use "View today's posts" tool.

Please provide more detailed instructions on how to reproduce the bug. As dragonexpert mentioned earlier, the Optimize database tool is meant to tidy up database tables, while your issue seems to be related to cookies.
I don't know what else effected, as I explained in this thread earlier, I had a clone of my forum which I wasn't experiencing this issue, I checked what I did after I cloned my forum and I noticed that I optimized database. After optimizing database I noticed that in clone forum I am having this issue aswell.

I can give you ID and password if you want to see this happening in my clone forum. I removed that warning in my forum entirely, not a solution I am okay with but it's the only solution right now.
Sure thing.
Pages: 1 2