MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Default Theme Colours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I've been using SMF for a couple years now. It's great, but I'm opening a new forum, and I've seen MyBB around the net, and just want to try it out.

I just want to tweak the colours on the default theme. I did it in SMF when I first got it, and it was ok, but the theme in MyBB seems to puzzle me a bit.

I can't find where the themes are stored online, to change it, then FTP it up. Just the theme editor thing online, and if that can do what I want, then great.

I really just want to change the colour of the white boarder around the whole forum. I can't seem to find it in the Theme Editor, or the XML file I downloaded.

Below is an image to simply clarify what I want to change in red.[/align]
To change anything about the theme, you can use the editor in the Admin CP, which you appear to have found.

To change the background of the "container" (which is what you are referring to) simply go into the ACP -> Themes -> Modify / Delete -> *Your Theme*

Go down to the section called "Page Container" and change the following line in "Extra CSS Attributes":
background: #fff;
Simply replace the #fff with the new colour code you want and click "Save Changes".
Thanks alot.

Wow! I didn't think the entire theme could so easily be changed. And an option to reverse changes, thats amazing.
Slushie Wrote:Wow! I didn't think the entire theme could so easily be changed. And an option to reverse changes, thats amazing.
I personally think that MyBB has the best Theme Editing system of any bulletin board system Smile
After doing more with it, I COMPLETELY Agree, an AMAZING Theme editing system. I still keep thinking I have to edit the XML file directly, but I don't have to, its amazing.

I just wanted to center my logo, so I downloaded the XML file, went to the logo.gif and put in the <center> tag. It didn't work. So I came here, searched to center the logo, and quickly found howto, by going into the template editor online, I can't believe it was that simple.
Top-notch job on it.