MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email validation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my members tell me that they don't receive an e-mail to validate their accounts. What could be the problem? Any suggestions on solving this ?
Is the email you have set correct? If it is, you might want to try using a different email address to send out email validations.

Marc
I had a certain problem before where it will email users their validation emails but some won't. What I did is just set the user validation to just immediate.
if you dont know if mailing works at all from your server, you can try to make a php file with this content, witch should say if the server can send mail or not at all, and the reason why if not.

(change [email protected] to your mail)

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

$yourMail	=	"[email protected]";

if(!mail($yourMail, "testmail", "testmail")) {
	echo "mail sending does not work at all";
} else {
	echo "mail sending works perfectly";
}

?>
feel free to correct me if i'm worng but in the php.ini you have to setup e-mail so it will work. Thats only if your using your own server that you have made.
I know I have the problem if I try to send email from my local machine. As I understand it, PHP sends mail in 2 ways using SMTP thats set up in php.ini or by using Sendmail. Maybe one of them isn't configured correctly. If you're running your own server make sure its set up right. If its a web host, ask them how its done.
well, I think you are using SMTP, I had these problems with IPB before.
with IPB you can choose between SMTP and PHP mail()
if you use SMTP, then your board sends mails to spam box and sometimes it doesn't send them at all, but if you PHP mail(), then everything workes like it should.