MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automedia by doylecc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed this feature but I have the following errors:

A, when I try to access the settings they dont exist and I am brought to my general settings page

B, Under the sites section it shows the error: "Module not found! (site) /inc/plugins/automedia/mediasites/youtube.php"

I can find no such file in multiple downloads of this plugin nor can I find a match online. Having read the instructions and it just says to insert the php file in the folder but what php file?

Anyone any idea where I am going wrong that causes the actual main video sites not to be included and no settings?
please see this reply

for the settings related issue,
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & database to check it
[however its late midnight for me. I can check it when I come back online tomorrow]
M
I was busy last few weeks so thanks for the offer and appologies for not answering. I tried again with a fresh download and its working now, thanks
something happened to my forum and I only have the default page now. I cannot get automedia to work as a playlist which I want. I have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the plugin and it just will not work. I dont have the ability to assign it to forums the controls are missing in admin cp for that function and which viewers can view Would someone please direct me as what to do or could they come and take a look at it.. Let me know and I will pm you access Thank You
The plugin is very resource intensive. For me it yields four or five additional php processes, which exceeds the hosting limit and breaks the forum operation. Had to disable it.
(2018-01-02, 03:44 PM)Maechlis Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin is very resource intensive. For me it yields four or five additional php processes, which exceeds the hosting limit and breaks the forum operation. Had to disable it.

The Embera library can be resource intensive if you embed multiple sources per page.
You could have switched to embed.ly in the plugin settings. All embedding with embed.ly is javascript based, done by the browser instead of the server.
(2018-01-02, 04:21 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-02, 03:44 PM)Maechlis Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin is very resource intensive. For me it yields four or five additional php processes, which exceeds the hosting limit and breaks the forum operation. Had to disable it.

The Embera library can be resource intensive if you embed multiple sources per page.
You could have switched to embed.ly in the plugin settings. All embedding with embed.ly is javascript based, done by the browser instead of the server.

There seems to be a real problem. Automedia completely maxed out RAM and entry processes for me as well, for an hour the board was 508. Only way to stop it was disable Automedia through cpanel.
(2018-01-02, 04:21 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]

I had all libraries, Embera included, switched off in the plugin settings, so the problem is not with them, but with the plugin itself.
I am experiencing the same issue,
AutoMedia maxes out my entry processes in cpanel (20/20) making my site basically unusable

I tried enabling embed.ly however this did not change the amount of entry processes that were being used.

I messed with all settings and nothing changed in relation to Entry Processes until I uninstalled the plugin (which btw broke regular embedding of videos now)

I downgraded the plugin to version 3.1.3 and all seems to work fine Smile