MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator 'post as'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can an administrator 'post as' a user? And if so how?
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=268

This might be what you're asking for. There may be compatibility issues since it's from 2011 -

Upload admhijack.php to the (~/inc/plugins/) area of your MyBB files.

Activate the plugin in the ACP and you'll find the option to switch on profiles.

If there is a compatibility issue open the .php file and look for 16* and change to 18* save it and then refresh the page, it should let you install it.

"compatibility" => "16*", 
to
"compatibility" => "18*",
Thanks! I'll use this as a work around, but what i was really hopping for was something like Jcink where as an administrator I had an extra field at the bottom of a post where i could enter a username and it would post as that user.
(2017-05-26, 09:33 AM)fishu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! I'll use this as a work around, but what i was really hopping for was something like Jcink where as an administrator I had an extra field at the bottom of a post where i could enter a username and it would post as that user.

Ah I see, you could always post a request for a plugin like that HERE and someone could create iit.
IIRC, you are already using Account Switcher plugin. there is a similar plugin --> Puppet Master

OUGC Admin Post Edit plugin can be also used for your requirement.
Thanks m, I'll take a look at the last one, account switcher doesn't work in this case because of the need to post as a non associated account(account already associated with others). Same with puppet master. Smile