MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will myBB 2.0 have MyBB App ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To be honest, I think the time would be better invested in making a great responsive theme.
That is a one time investment for your site and will work in all browers and is simply free.
You do not win anything from making an app - it is costly, it takes time and you will need to support it on each platform.

Making a great responsive theme (which MyBB2 will offer from the get go, afaik) you already have a great mobile experience.
Apps were great when responive design wasn't around yet. Now it just adds a lot more complexity without really needing it.
would be a nice feature for people that like

but personally i see no need to install an app if you could read/post the forum online with no need of install any software locally

i know apps are popular nowadays, but resources are limited and apps consume them, like cpu cycles and battery life, but above all STORAGE SPACE

i think the main reason some developing studios wtite apps and tell you to install, is to gain DIRECT ACCESS TO YOUR DEVICE to gather some statistic data (gps location, contacts, browsing history, photos, microphone, etc.) that later they sell
Pages: 1 2