MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone else seeing admin pin issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading to 1.8.12 from 11 I have replaced the config.php file located in the public_html\inc folder. This file contains an additional admin pin requirement. 

On conducting a sanity test post upgrade I find it does not request the pin when logging in to the admin cp

Has anyone noticed anything similar?
which variable is used for the secret pin ? it should be $config['secret_pin']
(2017-05-27, 12:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which variable is used for the secret pin ? it should be $config['secret_pin']

Hi,

Yes its
$config['secret_pin'] = 'whatever';

The working file was saved then replaced following upgrade.

Cheers

Any chance there were additional changes to the config.php file as part of the upgrade meaning I should have amended it rather that overwrote it with the .11 version

Just run the update on a staging version then altered the code manually to see if I had inadvertently overwritten something. No change, the admin pin is ineffective as no request window appears.
^ there are no changes in the config.php file from 1.8.11 version.
are you using custom folder for admin - is it correct in the new config.php file ?
(2017-05-27, 01:43 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ there are no changes in the config.php file from 1.8.11 version.
are you using custom folder for admin - is it correct in the new config.php file ?

Hi .m.

Yes I am using a custom admin folder name on the lets say production version and its correctly named in the config.php file. However on the staging version which has the same issue the admin folder name is still admin.
strange. have you run the file verification tool ..

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
(2017-05-27, 02:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]strange. have you run the file verification tool ..

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

.m.

Even stranger, run the file verification and it came back with Congratulations! No corrupt files have been found on your installation. The admin pin pop up window immediately worked then failed next time around. I rebooted the laptop and tried again using IE instead of chrome which worked on both sites. Reverting back to Chrome it now works. I dont have password saves enabled but it looks like its something to do with the browser in some way. Ill try it on other machines but it looks as if the function is working.

Many thanks for your assistance