MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem With Additional User Settings Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been getting an error with the additional user settings plugin since I upgraded to MyBB 1.2.9

I have attached a screen shot of the error I am getting

The plugin can be found here

Any help with fixing this error would be much appreciated.

Regards, Keith
Yep, been having this problem too. I even made a thread for it on DennisTT's forum.
Download a fresh copy of /admin/adminfunctions.php or remove any white spaces at the very beginning (before the "<?") of the file.
Mine didn't have any spaces. And uploading a new adminfunctions.php file (from 1.2.8) didn't fix it.
Since MyBB 1.2.9 is only a security fix, it's most likely that there are some white spaces before it, but they might be invisible for for example notepad.
I have checked the copy I had and a fresh copy of adminfunctions.php and there are no white spaces before the <?

The error message refered to line 88 which was: header("Content-type: text/html; charset={$lang->settings['charset']}");

I removed this line and all works well again with no error messages.

My question is, is it safe to remove that line from adminfunctions.php?

Regards, Keith
Please upload adminfunctions.php here. It appears you have made modifications to it? Specifically on line 144?
The error was on line 88 of adminfunctions.php

I just downloaded a fresh copy of adminfunctions.php for this web site, the previous "fresh" copy was one I already had on my PC Rolleyes, and the line I highlighted in red in my previous post, 88, was not present.

I uploaded this fresh copy and all works well.

So if any one is getting the same error just get a fresh copy of adminfunctions.php from here and upload it.

I think I will try and engage my brain next time and down load fresh copies of files from here rather than relying on copies I have on my PC Toungue
Haha glad it wasn't a problem with my plugin, although yes the plugin hook for that page is in an awkward position.